728x90 AdSpace

Latest News

No-Knead Cheese Bread Rolls | FoodFunia

No-Knead Cheese Bread Rolls | FoodFunia

Based on my “Super Easy Crusty Bread Rolls” recipe, these topped no-knead bread rolls are super easy and super tasty. No mixer, no breadmaker, and no floured countertop to clean up!

INGREDIENTS :


  • 175 g strong white flour (about 1 & ¼ cup)
  • 35 g rolled oats (about 1/3 cup)
  • ¾ tsp instant yeast (in the UK they’re labelled as ‘Easy Bake’, in some places they’re called ‘Rapid Rise’ or ‘yeast for bread machine’. It’s the type of yeast that doesn’t need to be premixed with water)
  • Little less than ½ tsp salt
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 135-140 ml(same in g) slightly warm water
  • Toppings of your choice

Q: What type of oats did you use in this recipe?
A: I use cheap UK supermarket brand porridge oats. I know in the US there are old-fashioned oats and quick-cooking oats. My guess is that they’ll both work in this recipe. I think the quick cooking type may be more similar to what I use. 

Q: Can I use all-purpose (plain) flour instead of strong flour?
A: Yes, but the bread will not be the same. They will not be as soft and bouncy, but if eaten fresh out of the oven, they would still be very tasty. 

Q: Can I skip the oats?
A: Yes, and replace with 35 g of flour. 

Q: Can I mix other ingredients in the dough to add even more flavour?
A: Well, maybe. It depends on what & how much you add. Some ingredients contain acids or enzymes that interfere with yeast or gluten, and your dough might struggle to rise. So I would suggest you try the basic dough recipe first before adding to it. 

Q: What was the temperature of the water?
A: I don’t have a thermometer, so can’t tell you. If I stick my finger in the water, I can just feel the warmth. As long as the yeast isn’t dead, even cold water would activate them, however, yeast work much more slowly in the cold. For this recipe I want the dough to rise slowly but not dead slow, so I go with lukewarm water. 

Q: Where do you leave the dough to proof?
A: Somewhere draft-free and not cold. In the winter when it’s chilly here in England (which is about nine months of the year), I’d turn my oven on for about 20 seconds, turn it off, then put my dough in there to proof. When the weather is warmer I just leave it somewhere out of the way, or in the oven as before but without turning it on first. Of course I take out the dough before turning on the oven to preheat. I don’t have a microwave, but I’d imagine that would make a good spot.

Q: My dough has barely grown after more than an hour. What should I do?
A: Try a warmer proofing spot. Like mentioned above, turn the oven on for a short burst, then turn off, and put the dough in there. If still no luck, then most likely the yeast in the dough is dead. The cause could be that it’s expired, or stored improperly, or the water you used in the dough is way too hot. If you don’t want to waste the dough in this case, you can put them back into the mixing bowl, add more flour (maybe 80-100g), knead for few minutes, let it rest for 15 minutes, and use it as a flat bread dough. To made flat breads, break off a piece of dough, roll it flat, and cook in a hot pan on the stovetop.


Food Funia

FoodFunia features thousands of recipes and street food from different areas of Pakistan, India, South Asia and from other countries around the world.

For More About: FoodFunia

  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: No-Knead Cheese Bread Rolls | FoodFunia Description: Based on my “Super Easy Crusty Bread Rolls” recipe, these topped no-knead bread rolls are super easy and super tasty. Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Graphiclip
Scroll to Top